The rubber industry is progressing at a rapid rate as the use of different rubber products has increased a lot over time. Out of various rubber products, the demand for rubber grommets is increasing in different industries. Due to their high elasticity, rubber grommets enjoy heavy demand at a global level. In this post, we have enlisted the usage, role, type, and characteristics of rubber grommets in detail.
Types of Rubber Grommets
- Push-in Grommets – They are used for filling in a hole and they feature an undercut to stop the part they are inserted into.
- Bonded Grommets – Bonded grommets are used to bond different rubber polymers to metal or plastic.
- UL-50 Grommet – This type of rubber grommets are used for electrical enclosures.
Other types of rubber grommets include logo grommet, medical plunger grommet, and wire grommet.
Due to a plethora of characteristics they possess, rubber grommets are used in different industries on a large scale. Here are some of the characteristics of rubber grommets due to which they are extensively used in different industries.
- Rubber grommets have a high elasticity even at room temperature and they are weather-resistant
- They possess high heat resistance and are less affected due to UV light.
- They are more durable and do not dry up or crack easily.
- Rubber temperatures can easily bear higher temperatures with ease than other types of grommets.
- It is easy and quick to install rubber grommets as one just needs to place these grommets on one side only.
- They are economical to use and used in restricted spaces.
Roles and Uses of Rubber Grommets
Rubber grommets have many features that make them increasingly useful in a wide range of applications in different industries. Different shapes and designs of rubber grommets are available today for usage in plenty of applications. They are used in electronics, electrical appliances, machinery, furniture, sports equipment, and lighting.
- Rubber grommets are used for the protection of wires from any cut due to a sharp cutter.
- They are used to cover up with the sharp edge of a metal hole to ensure the prevention of injuries. They also help to protect other material types that pass through the hole.
- The use of rubber grommets can be made for protecting the cover holes or cables from sharp edges.
So, this is all about the characteristics, usage, types, and roles of rubber grommets. Due to their rising demand, many rubber grommets manufacturers supply these products to meet the need of different industries.